Fort Worth, TX is a city filled with entertainment and southern hospitality. At the same time, as in the neighboring city of Dallas, it is an area with quite a lot of employment. Fort Worth is filled with both small country roads and larger interstates which enable residents and visitors to get from here to there conveniently. The large population and busy roadways are which make having a car insurance policy highly necessary.
Although some may think that Texas is filled with open countryside and ranches, Fort Worth is one of the larger cities in the state and has its share of traffic. Therefore, having good car insurance in Fort Worth will give more protection for untoward incidents while driving around town.
Fort Worth Car Insurance Laws
As with the majority of states, all drivers in Texas are required to carry liability car insurance. Liability insurance will cover the other driver’s medical costs and car repair if you are at fault in an accident. There are three categories of damage that must be covered; bodily injury for a single person ($30,000), bodily injury per accident ($60,000), and property damage ($25,000). All drivers must carry proof that you have met and maintained the minimum coverage for all three liability types. Mandating all drivers to meet these minimums helps ensure that no matter who is at fault, appropriate repairs and medical care are covered for the victim.
- $30,000 of coverage for injuries or death involving one person in a single accident
- $60,000 of coverage for injuries or deaths involving two or more people in a single accident
- $25,000 of property damage coverage
Liability insurance is that insurance which covers only third party (not the driver) repair and medical expenses. Liability insurance is to ensure proper funds can be afforded to the victim if an accident. Obviously, you must purchase the minimum automobile insurance that is required by state law. However, there are options regarding the type and amount of coverage you may wish to purchase. If you want to provide better care for yourself if an accident, regardless of fault or the other driver’s coverage, you will probably want to include a comprehensive and collision in your policy. This will require the insurer to pay for damages if you are at fault.
Uninsured /Underinsured Motorist Coverage, that will protect you if an accident and the other driver is at fault, and he/she has no or too little car insurance coverage.
Collision insurance, as suggested by the name, is insurance coverage for the insured vehicle should it be involved in an accident. The purpose of collision insurance here is to pay for repair costs or provide cash settlement should the car be declared a write-off. In simple terms, if you are at fault in an accident and if you have collision insurance in your policy, the insurance company will pay for repairs or a new car. If you drive with minimum liability insurance and are a fault in an accident, the insurance company will pay for the repair and/or medical costs to other drivers/vehicles involved in the accident, but will not cover your costs. Therefore, to be safe, it is always a wise choice to have collision coverage in your policy.
Comprehensive insurance covers damages to your vehicle caused by things other than a collision. These types of things may include natural disasters (floods, hurricanes, etc.), vandalism, theft, fire, etc.
Full coverage insurance refers to the inclusion of liability, collision, comprehensive, and uninsured /underinsured motorist coverage on your insurance policy. Although Fort Worth car insurance regulations may require you to only carry liability insurance, many vehicle lenders (car dealerships, etc.) will require you to have full coverage if you are financing or leasing a vehicle from them.
Fort Worth Car Insurance Rates
Average car insurance rates in Fort Worth
|Fort Worth Minimum Car Insurance Coverage Rates||$1,004 - $1,276|
|Fort Worth Minimum Full Coverage Car Insurance Rates||$2,070 - $2,327|
|Fort Worth Minimum Car Insurance Coverage Rates for Young Drivers||$1,724 - $2,039|
|Fort Worth Minimum Full Coverage Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers||$2,790 - $3,121|
|Average monthly car insurance rates in Fort Worth||$83 - $260|
Finding the cheapest car insurance in Fort Worth can be a bit of a challenge. Rates vary between insurance companies, and may even vary within the same company for different owners driving the same car. A driver’s profile will be a key factor in determining how much he or she pays for car insurance and what type of quotes they get. Some of the primary factors taken into consideration by the insurance companies when determining a quote include the driver's age (Young drivers are always getting high insurance rates since they are considered inexperienced.) and a number of years experience, occupation, car type, the area of residence, and driving requirements (frequency of vehicle usage).
Living within a city such as Fort Worth will usually result in higher car insurance rates compared to the same driver living in a more rural setting. This is due to the volume of cars which share the road with you in a city. More cars mean more chances of an accident occurring. Your area of residence also impacts your rates with regards to the incidence of vehicle theft in your area. Higher incidence of car theft in your area of residence may result in higher insurance rates, for obvious reasons.
Even something as simple as having a garage to park your car in at night (or not) can influence the rates you pay for your vehicle insurance.
Compare Car Insurance Quotes
The internet has made it easy to compare car insurance quotes. But don’t be fooled. You still need to do your homework when buying car insurance. Doing your homework means understanding the types of car insurance that are mandatory, the types of car insurance you need, and the impact that being either underinsured or overinsured would have on your financial well being.
There are two ways that you can compare car insurance quotes on the internet: Insurance brokers/agents, or from the insurance company itself. Brokers represent numerous insurance companies. Brokers are paid commissions by the insurance companies they represent.
You can find brokers that offer just car insurance, or brokers who offer a variety of types of insurance. It is recommended that you submit information for quotes with both for several reasons. First, you might want to consider a company that offers both car and homeowners or renters insurance. Commonly, when you purchase more than one type of policy from a particular insurance company, you are eligible for a discount. Alternatively, you should compare car insurance quotes with companies that offer only car insurance. Despite the discounts offered by the multi-line companies, it is possible that a carrier which specializes in car coverage might actually offer you better rates.
Many of these broker sites allow you to enter your basic information which returns multiple quotes literally within minutes. And while this would seem to provide the perfect solution to compare car insurance quotes, understand that the quotes returned are only as good as the number and diversity of insurance companies that the broker represents.
Accordingly, it is recommended that you find at least several of these online brokers and compare the results. Make certain that the brokers you are utilizing to compare car insurance quotes represent different insurance companies, that is, multi-line carriers as well as car insurance carriers.
Individual insurance companies likewise operate their own websites for the purposes of providing consumers with online insurance quotes. In fact, some of the larger insurance companies do not utilize brokers at all. You must purchase from them in one of two ways: either directly online via the company website, or through one of their exclusive agents in your area.
But just because you cannot use broker sites to compare car insurance quotes from these companies, does not mean you should exclude them from your search. By all means, contact them directly, either online or in person and compare their rates and packages with the other broker represented carriers.
The key is not to make your final decision until you have enough information to make an informed decision.
Gather at least 6 individual quotes, and use these guidelines to compare car insurance quotes on their individual merits.
- Make certain that the coverages offered are compatible.
- Check to see what, if any car insurance discounts have been applied.
- Is there a potential for combining multi-insurance policies under one carrier, hence another discount?
- And finally, as you compare car insurance quotes and find that they are nearly identical, check out the companies’ financial stability and customer service ratings with a search of A.M. Best Ratings, or J.D. Powers.
Car Insurance Quotes in Fort Worth
Average car insurance quotes for Fort Worth car insurance companies
|Rank||Car Insurance Company Name||Price|
|3||Texas Farm Bureau||$1,031|
Find The Right Car Insurance For You in Fort Worth
When buying car insurance, many consumers only consider cost. Their motivation is focused almost completely on finding cheap car insurance. But there are a number of other considerations that must also be considered.
Is there such a thing as cheap car insurance? Depends, of course, on your definition of “cheap”. But with everything being relative, yes, it is possible to purchase cheap car insurance – even in Fort Worth!
Your success in finding cheap car insurance must be based on a solid, informed strategy. The key is to combine your personal needs with your budget. Here are some solid car insurance buying tips for you to consider.
- Take a look at your deductible. A change from $1000 to $200 can significantly change your premium. Nonetheless, you need to consider what financial impact it would have on your budget if you were suddenly faced with a $2000 repair bill should you be charged with an accident. Realistically then, as you acquire car insurance quotes compare the rates with varying deductibles so that you can calculate your potential savings. If you go for the higher deductible (and the lower rate), consider budgeting some money in your savings account to cover the costs of that deductible. High deductibles serve no purpose if they are so high that you cannot afford to have your car repaired!
- Verify and understand all that you are paying for. You might be paying for coverage that you simply do not need. But be careful, and consider the alternatives. For example, if you are driving an old car is it worth your budget to add collision and comprehensive insurance to your insurance policy? Remember that you are not entitled to receive more than what your vehicle is worth. So what you must consider is whether your premiums are greater than your potential settlement value.
- Evaluate your liability coverage. While Fort Worth car insurance has established a $25,000 minimum for property damage liability coverage, if you are paying more your decision must be based on your assets.
- Make certain that you have not overstated your daily mileage! Left to the insurance company, that daily estimate is likely to be overstated. If you work 5 miles from home, don’t pay premiums on twice that! Remember, insurance is based on risk. The potential risk goes down the fewer miles you drive … and so do your rates.
- Consider your policy period. Insurance companies like to issue 6 month policies because they are free to increase your rates more frequently as your policy renews. Look for companies that offer 1 year policy periods so that you are locked in for a full year.
- Inexpensive car insurance premiums can be affected by the way you pay. If you can afford it, avoid the expenses of a monthly payment plan. Some carriers reward you for agreeing to automated payments. Don’t overlook these options.
- Bundle your policies. By combining multiple insurance policies with one carrier (such as homeowners or renters coverage with car insurance), you are likely to receive discounted rates.
- Car alarms and security systems can also reduce your rates.
- You are what you drive. If you are serious about finding inexpensive car insurance, trade the sports car for the family sedan.
- Don’t overlook the discounts! Most drivers are eligible for at least a few discounts. Make sure you compare all insurance quotes with all applicable discounts.
Some of the discounts that may be available to you:
- Anti-Theft and Security Devices
- Electronic Stability Control
- Driver’s Education / Training Classes
- Defensive Driving Classes
- Good Student – younger drivers
- Low Mileage
- Safe Driver
- Senior Driver
- Military Personnel
- Safe Vehicle
- Factory-Installed Airbags
- Multiple Policy Discount
- Combine Car + Home Coverage
- Automatic Payments
- Premium Payment in Full