All insurers base auto insurance rates on risk factors such as the drivers’ age, sex, and marital status, where they live and their driving record. Young drivers will have no actual driving history. Insurers therefor will base the level of risk the young driver poses on the likelihood of drivers of the same age being in an accident. This makes cheapest full coverage car insurance young drivers a relative term.
Young drivers as a group are statistically more likely than other drivers to be involved in an accident. Full coverage car insurance for young drivers will typically be more expensive than insurance for most other drivers and full coverage car insurance for young male drivers is the most expensive car insurance.
Average Cheap Full Coverage Car Insurance in USA can be found on our homepage. These values belong to an average person. You need to add $ 60 to $ 150 per month for these values.If you are young driver. If we take the lowest price and the maximum price of the states, the average values will come out.
BASIC COVERAGE : $998 - $4,166
FULL COVERAGE : $1,424 - $4,853
ALL-INCLUSIVE : $1,467 - $5,104
To find the insurers who offer the cheapest full coverage car insurance for young drivers do some shopping around. The easiest way to compare insurance costs for your specific situation is to request multiple insurance quotes through a free auto insurance quote website. The website will allow you to specify on a single form the types of auto insurance for which you are looking, the limits of the policy you would like and the amount of the deductions you would like to establish. Your request along with personal information like your age, sex, and marital status and where you live will be submitted to various insurers and the quotes returned to you electronically.
What You Need to Know to Find the Cheapest Full Coverage Car Insurance for Young Drivers
First you need to determine the minimum mandated auto liability insurance, and, if any, the requirements for uninsured motorist and medical and personal injury insurance. The minimums vary state to state. The state agency that issues drivers licenses in your state will have the most up to date insurance requirements for licensed drivers. Check your state government website. Most insurance company websites and free auto insurance quote web pages will also have the information. Mandated auto liability insurance limits are typically quite low and many young drivers will find they want to purchase more than the required minimum limits.
A serious accident caused by the insured can result in significant medical and related expenses for others in the accident. If the insurance limits are insufficient to cover the costs of the related medical expenses the driver can be found for personally liable to the costs above the limits of their liability insurance. Liability insurance is not a good place to look for auto insurance cost savings.
Many young drivers may have medical and personal injury insurance coverage as part of their parents’ health insurance coverage. Purchasing medical and personal injury insurance as a part of their auto insurance may only duplicate their existing coverage. Purchasing medical and personal injury insurance above state required minimums will be an unnecessary added cost if the young driver already is covered with their parents’ comprehensive health insurance policy.
Coverage for the insured’s vehicle is also optional. If a young driver is driving a car that has a fair market value of less than a years premium for collision and comprehensive insurance on their car it may be worthwhile to for go including collision and comprehensive insurance as a part of their auto insurance package and pay for any damage repairs out of pocket.
If the young driver does decide to purchase collision and comprehensive insurance setting a higher deductible will lower the premium costs. The deductible is the amount the insured pays out of pocket before the collision or comprehensive insurance picks up the remainder of the repair costs.
Determine which types of auto insurance coverage and limits you are required to carry by state law and decide what types of insurance and limits you are comfortable with and the deductibles you want to establish and now you are ready to complete the auto insurance quote request form to find the insurers offering the cheapest full coverage car insurance for young drivers.
Additional Steps to Ensure You Find the Cheapest Full Coverage Car Insurance for Young Drivers
Many first-time auto insurance buyers overlook the benefits of premium discounts offered by insurers. Ask the insurance companies you are interested in if they offer premium discounts that might lower the cost of your auto insurance package.
Often insurers offer good student discounts for full time students that have a high grade point average and safe driver training premium discounts if the driver has successfully completed a safe driver training course. These discounts will lower the cost of auto insurance without decreasing the benefits. There are also low mileage discounts available for drivers that drive fewer miles than average drivers. Insurers recognize those who drive fewer miles are less likely to be involved in an accident and therefore are willing to offer premium discounts to low mileage drivers.
Cheapest Full Coverage Car Insurance Tips for Young Drivers
If you are a young driver having a limited budget; you might be looking for cheap car insurance quotes. Following are some useful car insurance tips that will help you in getting a cheap car insurance policy at reduced costs.
- Don’t customize or modify your car.
- Always drive a cheap car with a less powerful engine.
- Look for buying cheap car insurance online as many insurance companies offer good discounts for the policies bought online.
- Limit the number of miles you drive annually and inform your insurance company about your annual mileage while getting quotes. - Limit the drivers on your car insurance policy. Especially, minimize the number of drivers who are under the age of 25.
- If you car is not equipped with a standard immobilizer, compare quotes with and without one installed. It will be beneficial to have one installed in your car.
- If your car is very cheap, it may be beneficial to have 3rd party, fire and theft insurance instead of fully comprehensive cover. Don’t forget to compare quotes. - Look for building and protecting a ‘no claims’ bonus whenever possible because ultimately, it will have great impact on your ability to get cheap car insurance quotes.
- In case, you are a member of a trade union or professional society, check whether they have negotiated cheap car insurance policies for its members. In they have, mention the name of associated insurer in the list of insurance companies from whom you are seeking cheap car insurance quotes.
- Lump all the insurance you have together with one company. By doing this, you can dramatically reduce the cost of young drivers car insurance as well as your own. Also, many car insurance companies will negotiate a little if you point out to them that you have found rates which are less expensive than theirs. Obviously, nobody wants to lose a good paying customer that has been with them for a long time, so it is possible they will lower the price a little.
- If you work for a large company, then it may be a good idea to ask them whether or not they offer any type of group policy for their employees. In many cases having a group plan has many advantages, and this would include not only lower premiums but also the fact that that they can be deducted from your paycheck. Usually these companies have some leverage with the insurance company and are able to negotiate lower insurance rates.
Making Sure The Cheapest Full Coverage Car Insurance for Young Drivers Is Really a Good Deal
The cheapest car insurance for young drivers is not a good deal if the insurer does not provide good customer and claims processing service.
Once you have a short list of insurers offering the insurance you need at a price you can afford do a little more research to check out the insurers reputation for taking care of its current customers. There are easy checks you can do before making a final decision.
1. Check with family and friends to see if they have experience with any of the insurers you are considering.
2. Check with owners and employees of local auto body repair shops that do claims repairs for various insurers. Many will be willing to share their opinion as to which insurers are easy to work with and which insurers are difficult.
3. Check the webpage of the state agency responsible for licensing insurance companies. Typically states will provide information about consumer complaints filed against insurers.
4. J D Powers and Associates publish insurance company ratings that are also helpful in assessing current customers satisfaction with their insurers. These checks do not take long and may save you from making a big mistake.
5. Don’t customize or modify your car.