Full coverage car insurance, depending on how you call it, refers to a protection policy that covers all national or state legal requirements for drivers. You need to pay attention before reviewing full coverage car insurance quotes.
As discussed on the home page this term can sometimes be confusing to drivers as a full coverage car insurance doesn’t necessarily mean you are covered for all circumstances.
Therefore, what constitutes a partial or complete cover may vary from country to country, states to state and even between insurance companies.
Generally speaking, full coverage car insurance covers both liability and damage to the vehicle in the policy. And sometimes with some exceptions like:
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist
- Gap Insurance
- Car Rental
- OEM Endorsement
- Full Glass Coverage
- Vanishing Deductible
You can find out more about these terms here
In agency terms, full coverage car insurance typically refers to the comprehensive and collision elements of the car protection policy. However it may not necessarily cover certain circumstances as listed above.
Here are a few steps to determine what you would like to see in your full coverage car insurance policy.
STEP 1: Educate yourself on the type of coverage that can be included in a policy regardless of the policy price. Use this to broaden your mind about the kind of cover is available for you.
STEP 2: Determine what factors are important to you. For example In some states car insurance companies are not obligated to pay for OEM (original manufacturer’s equipment) parts when paying for damages to your wrecked vehicle. If this is important for you, make sure you put it on the list.
STEP 3: Make sure you find out exactly what your current policy covers, if you have one and request additional coverage if necessary and find out if there is an option to upgrade your package if you wanted to do so at a later date.
Car insurance agents have been trained to answer your questions and by law are obliged to explain the details of your package. Ask them everything you need to know and make a decision on budget and what is really important for you.
Why Does Full Coverage Car Insurance Quotes For Men Often Cost More?
It’s no secret that men pay more for than women, which is why drivers should compare full coverage car insurance quotes. Differences in insurance costs have to do with the degrees of the claims filed by men versus women. Men’s age are factors for rates, younger men with less experience are seen as a higher risk. Younger men have a connection to driving fast or taking on dares such as speed racing. Other distinctions between men and women drivers have set the standards for men’s rates.
Both men and women have accidents but the type and seriousness of the accident varies between the two types of drivers. Men are thought to be more aggressive drivers, driving at high speeds, which can lead to a higher rate of accidents. The result is much more damage to the vehicle leading to higher costs of claims, good idea to full coverage car insurance quotes for the best coverage. Women’s claims are much smaller ranging from minor damage such as fender benders, which are much lower in repair costs on claims. In some cases the repairs may be less than the insurance policy deductible amount.
Men tend to be involved in the three most serious of traffic violations such as driving under the influences (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) and the third is reckless driving. Reckless driving is a legal term to describe disregard for the law such as running through a red light, speeding, or other driving behavior endangering others. All three violations have serious consequences from fines, to license suspension or imprisonment; they are also the cause for men having higher car insurance rates.
The types of vehicles driven by men are notably higher risks. They may cost more to repair or replace causing the full coverage car insurance to be higher for men in comparison to women. Men driving sport vehicles or foreign performance automobiles need to full coverage car insurance quotes.
Past history may be taken into account for full coverage car insurance rates; Single men status versus married men can cause higher insurance rates, connected to the theory that married men are more responsible for their actions and aware of the costs. Men also drive more than women putting them on road for longer periods of time, adding to the increase chance of accident. Past history of driving records have men with more traffic violations than women accounting for the higher rates.
Why Does Full Coverage Car Insurance Quotes For Females Often Cost Less?
The rates for car insurance are based on the statistical risk level the driver represents. When drivers full coverage car insurance quotes they discover that female drivers pay lower rates. Female drivers are in fewer accidents and when they are, the accidents are not as serious. Male drivers have a different attitude behind the wheel of a car than female drivers. Data shows that this attitude carries a higher risk, both in financial cost and in life.
Why does full coverage car insurance for females often cost less than for males is a question that is asked all the time, and the answer boils down to the driver’s mindset. Aggressive driving is defined as the attitude the operator of a motor vehicle has when they deliberately conduct themselves in a way that increases the risk of a car accident. This kind of driving can lead to punishable crimes such as manslaughter or murder where the driver can kill another driver or himself.
The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration states that aggressive driving develops in the following progression of traffic violations:
- Speeding – going over the legal speed limit
- Excessive lane changing – changing lanes for no apparent reason
- Improper passing – failing to use car signals, using the shoulder or emergency lane to pass, cutting into the path of another car
- Tailgating – driving too close to the back of the car in front
Female drivers tend to have less traffic violations. So when we compare full coverage car insurance quotes we can conclude that females are a safer risk and companies recognize this with reduced rates up to 10% less depending on the company.
This does not mean that a woman with a poor driving record will get a reduced rate. If she is a reckless driver herself she could spend as much on insurance rates as men. It literally pays to be a safe driver no matter what the gender of the driver.
Globally about 1.2 million people die in car accidents each year which is about 3000 people a day. This does not include people who remain living but whose life styles have been permanently altered. In the US in 2017, 40,100 accidents.
When we compare full coverage car insurance quotes we see that safe driving reduces rates. The more drivers who practice good driving attitudes the safer the roads will be for everyone, including the passengers
Strategies to Lower Your Car Insurance Quotes
Here is a list of 10 ways to help you get cheap full coverage car insurance coverage when you compare car insurance quotes.
- A car company will ALWAYS refer to your driving record to calculate the risk you pose to insure. SO if you remain a defensive driver and maintain a clean driving record the lower your premiums will be. The more points from traffic violations you have, the more you will pay.
- Compare Insurance Quotes. This is the best way to assure yourself that you are getting the best coverage at the lowest rate. The more companies that you take the time to compare the better your chances are.
- Check for multiple coverage discounts, car insurance providers will give you a discount if you also get home insurance through them as well. Insurance companies also offer discounts for other types of combinations.
- Choose a higher car insurance deductible. But make sure you can afford what the price is of the deductible, if you ever have to file a claim you will need to take care of this total before the company pays for the rest of the repairs. So you will have to decide how much of a risk you are willing to take on your risk.
- Check before you buy... When you buy a new car keep in mind the car will play a role in the cost for coverage.
- Check for group discounts. If you belong to certain organizations or just know how to network really well, you may be able to get a discount for getting an agreed upon number of new policies.
- Check your credit score ! Even though if your credit is not in the best shape when first looking for full coverage car insurance quotes, you will want to clean up some loose ends because keeping good credit score will save you a lot of money and not only on your car insurance. So a credit tip is to keep loans to a minimum and pay bills ahead of time when you can.
- Defensive driving class. Being a defensive driver pays off when it comes time to compare full coverage insurance quotes, but if you are not a defensive driver right now you still have time to take a defensive driving class. Even though the usual class is 8 hours, if you car insurance provider gives discounts for these types of things you can save hundreds of dollars on your coverage.
- If you have health coverage either privately or through your place of employment, consider dropping medical coverage on your full coverage car insurance quote. There is no need for duplicate coverage. All in all this could end up saving you up to 40% depending on which policy you choose !
- Safety and Theft prevention. Many car insurance providers offer some sort of discount for things such as anti theft alarms and airbags. Both of these items can either save your life and the other can prevent claims in most cases.
So remember a few minutes now to compare quotes can save you up to hundreds of dollars in savings. So take the time now and don't pay for it later !